The Perfect Dictionary Resource for Understanding the English Language!
America’s largest, most comprehensive dictionary is reinvented for today’s librarian, teacher, and student. With up-to-date information, definitions, usage notes, a modern layout, and other exciting features, Merriam-Webster Unabridged is the most authoritative source of information on the English language.
• Extensive and trustworthy entries include more than 700,000 definitions, 502,000 words, 158,500 etymologies, and 123,500 quotations from well-known writers.
• An advanced search tool offers exclusive access to recently collected citations from the Merriam-Webster citation files.
• A variety of categories are represented, including Food & Beverage, Health & Medicine, Internet, Law, Music, and Science.
• “Ask the Editor” videos, a blog, Top 10 Lists, Word of the Day, vocabulary quizzes, and Most Popular—the most frequently looked-up words on a daily and weekly basis—offer significant value beyond that of a dictionary.
• A Thing About Words: The Blog offers weekly insight and observations about language from Merriam-Webster’s editors.
Check out what others are saying about us...
“The #1 reference source for the Millennium”
“Merriam-Webster Unabridged is effortless to use and offers so much more than just meanings of words. It’s great to see the etymology of the word and its usage in context, not to mention the ease of searching itself. My patrons love it!”
Librarian, North Carolina Museum of Art
“Having an up-to-date dictionary available online to ensure consistent spelling and usage is indispensable in producing quality scholarship.”
Manager, Publications, Tulane Law School