The Most Acclaimed Information Resource with Editorial Quality Trusted Worldwide!
Britannica School is the go-to site for learning more about any subject—for all grades and all reading abilities—offering thousands of up-to-date, curated, and curriculum-relevant articles, images, videos, audio clips, primary sources, maps, research tools, recommended Web sites, and three separate databases—Elementary, Middle, or High.
• Built-in support for differentiated learning allows students to change reading levels with one simple click.
• Read-aloud, a font size adjuster, and built-in translation tools support students with special needs and ELLs.
• Accurate, up-to-date non-fiction content aligned to the next generation science, common core, and state curriculum standards.
• Group together related content types for activities or projects using the easy-to-use “Content Collector.”
• Review and adapt ready-made lessons on various subjects or create
your own with the intuitive “Lesson Plan Builder.”
• Tailor-made for STEM education!
• Integration with popular learning and library management systems offers easy access for everyone.
• A responsive design provides the same user experience on a tablet, smartphone, laptop, desktop computer, or any Internet-connected device.
• Integration with Britannica ImageQuest offers a streamlined ability to explore millions of related images right from the search results page (requires subscriptions to both resources).
Recognition & Awards
• AEP’s Distinguished Achievement Award for Supplemental Resources, Reference Materials, Digital Libraries and Portals
• Learning Magazine’s Teacher’s Choice Award for Excellence in Classroom Products
• AEP’s Distinguished Achievement Award for Reference Resources, K-5
• AEP’s Distinguished Achievement Award for Reference Resources, 9-12
Check out what others are saying about us...
“Differentiated articles, multimedia features, translation and audio options, vocabulary support, and adaptive reading levels make the research experience accessible to students of different learning levels.”
Common Sense Graphite Reviewer
“I really liked all of the interactive features throughout the website. I can see this being an excellent resource in the classrooms and the library.”
Coordinator of Instructional Technology & Media, San Antonio, Texas
“I have been looking for ways to compile articles and such for the different disciplines to support common core in my school. This was awesome!”
School Librarian, Atlanta Public Schools
“Comprehensive, accessible and versatile…with high quality, interactive and lively content… a top choice for schools.”
Teach Secondary, October 2014
“Stellar Database: SLJ Readers’ Favorites and Other Essential Electronic Resources.”
School Library Journal, April 2014