LaunchPacks: Social Studies
Jump Start Learning with Ready-To-Use, Expertly Compiled Social Studies Resources!
Save planning time, meet ELA standards with social studies content, enhance classroom activities, and build active engagement with text through tools such as annotation with Britannica’s newest digital classroom resource, Britannica LaunchPacks: Social Studies. Teachers can integrate ready-to-use content sets—curated to match their PreK-12 social studies curriculum—with their classroom lessons.
One convenient interface streamlines searching among approximately 1,600 current, trustworthy, and relevant LaunchPacks, which cover world history, U.S. history, geography, civics, economics, and biographies.
Each of the Britannica LaunchPacks: Social Studies content sets is dedicated to a specific subject and features a variety of content types—articles, images, videos, and primary sources—ideal for lessons, classroom activities, projects, or assignments.
• Annotation tools—such as highlighting text, adding notes, and organizing work using color-coded annotation categories—help students to actively work with content. Through annotation, students develop close reading skills, while teachers are able to support student reading AND comprehension.
• Customized scheduling allows teachers to organize content and reminds them when to use the Packs they’ve scheduled based on their own curriculum and pacing. Teachers are able to quickly select resources and specify dates to receive reminders, simplifying resource gathering and saving time.
• Approximately 1,600 LaunchPacks are mapped to your social studies curriculum—with more than 12,000 diverse content sets, including informational texts, media, timelines, interactives, maps, and primary source documents.
• Search by topic, keyword, or grade range—all grades: PreK-2, 3-5, 6-8, and 9-12.
• Customize any Pack by adding or removing content, appending notes, or uploading your own content to share with others.
• Pre-formatted MLA citations are aligned with the new Eighth Edition Handbook.
• Students and teachers are given their own personal log-in for saving their work in the “My LaunchPacks” workspace.
• LaunchPacks feature a lively, accessible interface with clear navigation tools. Britannica editors are continuously updating the Packs; and there is a link that allows users to make suggestions or provide ideas for additional Packs.
Britannica LaunchPacks: Social Studies provides immediate benefits: it will save you time; you can be sure that the content is reliable, up to date, and age-appropriate; it allows students of varying reading levels to access the content they need; and it gives you a variety of content types and choices to enliven your lessons.