Feed student curiosity and provide additional sources for research with Britannica’s trusted, highly acclaimed, non-fiction e-books. Nearly 1,400 trusted, nonfiction titles and 44 curriculum-aligned collections.Download Fact Sheet
About Britannica E-Books
- Britannica has titles ranging from early childhood through high school, our informational e-books are Lexile-leveled and cover the entire curriculum, from language arts, math, science and social studies, to sports, music, art, and many other subjects, including Spanish and bilingual titles.
- Improve reading comprehension with digital note-taking features.
- Custom MARC records are also available.
- Get started by selecting 75 titles to meet the per-building minimum of $750, then each additional e-book you select will cost ONLY $10!
Make purposeful use of technology. We’ve reserved a Free Trial just for you.
Features of Britannica E-Books
Get unlimited access.
Users can enjoy year-long, unlimited access to a wide variety of e-books of your choice on our own E-Stax platform. (E-Stax is provided free of charge).
Benefit from perpetual access.
Perpetual access, with an option to have either one or unlimited users.
Share, save, and annotate e-books.
Find citations, social/ sharing options, and the ability to take notes, bookmark, highlight, and save.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is an e-book “series”?
An e-book series is a set of e-books that have been published at the same time, on the same or a related topic. The books in a series also typically share a similar format.
Britannica offers more than 1,300 full-color and black-and-white nonfiction e-books and 245 series for grades Pre-K‒12, across all curricular subject areas, including: English/Language Arts, Math, Science, Social Studies, History, and Science.
Britannica’s e-books are available from many other e-book platform providers or for one-time purchase, with no recurring subscription or platform fees, through the Britannica E-BOOKS platform.
What is a “curriculum collection”?
A curriculum collection is a pre-selected group of e-books from different series that are either on a particular topic (for example, biographies) or that are to be used for a specific purpose (for example, International Baccalaureate programs).
Curriculum collections are pre-assembled by Britannica’s curriculum specialists to support specific instructional programs or uses.
What is the difference between single use and unlimited use for an e-book?
E-books may be purchased on our shop for access by a single user or for an unlimited number of users in one location, such as a school or library building. To provide access to Britannica’s e-books through multiple sites, get in touch with us at 1-800-621-3900 or email@example.com.
How do I order Britannica e-books, online resources, or special collections?
First, browse our library of 1,300+ e-books, 18 online resources, and 44 special collections available from Britannica, and then place your order through your preferred e-book platform provider.
If you want to use Britannica’s e-books on our E-BOOKS platform, order a series, collection, or online resource simply add one or more products to your shopping cart by clicking the “Add to Cart” button. When you are done shopping, start the checkout process by logging in. You can enter your purchase order number right after logging in, or, if you’d prefer, type in a credit card number later in the checkout process.
A Britannica representative will contact you within 24‒48 hours after you have submitted your order to authenticate and enable access to the products you ordered, as well as to answer any questions you may have. If you have specific questions or would prefer to place your order with a Britannica Sales Representative, call us at 1-800-621-3900 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is the Britannica E-BOOKS platform?
Britannica E-BOOKS is one Web platform from which you can access the e-books you have purchased. Britannica’s e-books are also available on many popular e-books platforms and can likely be purchased directly from the provider of the e-book platform your school or library uses. The Britannica E-BOOKS platform includes the following features:
• Easy access from any computer with an Internet connection or from iPad and Android tablets
• Reader apps for PC/Mac, iPad, and Android tablets to support offline reading
• Unlimited simultaneous use
• User-friendly, intuitive interfaces and easy navigation
• Cross-searching across all the Britannica e-books that your institution has purchased
• Downloadable MARC records (available for a fee)
• Printing of 100% of text and images on a page-by-page basis
• Single- or double-page views
• Individualized My Folder login to allow for saving and accessing of personal notes, bookmarks, and highlights
What other e-book providers offer Britannica e-books?
Britannica works with an abundance of e-book platforms to distribute award-winning content. These partners include: Gale (Cengage), OverDrive, Follett, Mackin, ProQuest, Baker & Taylor, Sebco (Library Sales, Inc.), Kobo, bibliotheca, Perma-Bound, Odilo, EBSCO, Epic, Hoopla, Google, and NxtPub.
Are Britannica’s e-books also available in print?
Yes, some of Britannica’s e-books are available in print, as well as digitally. E-books by Britannica Educational Publishing are available in print from Rosen Publishing. Contact 800-237-9932 to connect with a representative.