The Essentials for Conducting Thorough Research—All from One Site
Britannica Academic delivers fast and easy access to high-quality, comprehensive information. The rich combination of the venerable Encyclopædia Britannica plus Merriam-Webster’s Collegiate Dictionary, magazines and periodicals, and many other research tools provides the variety of reliable sources that students need to consult when conducting thorough collegiate research—all from one resource. Written by Nobel laureates, historians, curators, professors, and other notable experts, Britannica Academic’s articles provide trusted information with balanced, global perspectives and insights that users will not find anywhere else.
• In excess of 100,000 new and revised articles, with contributions from more than 100 Nobel laureates, numerous heads of state, Pulitzer Prize winners, leading professors, and experts in all fields of human endeavor.
• Integration with Britannica ImageQuest, which offers a streamlined ability to explore millions of related images right from the search results page (requires subscriptions to both resources).
• A unique “Article History” feature, which allows users to see every update or editorial change in every article.
• Biography, subject, and contributor browses; e-books and primary sources; thousands of periodicals.
• News feeds from the New York Times and the BBC; editor-selected Web sites; an interactive world atlas; and famous quotations.
• Updated versions of the World Data Analyst and articles from the Britannica Book of the Year—as well as thousands of photographs, videos, tables, graphs, and illustrations.
Check out what others are saying about us...
“I never had time to check out Britannica in depth so this was great overview and training for me. It was a great session.”
Librarian, Corinthian Colleges
“The webinar was a helpful introduction. It got me interested in checking out the website and I immediately started to think of ways that I could use it with my students.”
Librarian, Hawaii District of Education
“Great information, easy to use, fun, and the credibility of Britannica…what more can one ask?”
Librarian & Head of Public Services, Auburn University at Montgomery