Britannica Careers | Marketing Executive Assistant
February 14, 2018
Feed your inner geek with a Britannica career!
DEPARTMENT: INSTITUTIONAL MARKETING
LOCATION: CHICAGO, IL
We’re looking for an organizational wiz to help us manage over 40 annual tradeshows across the United States, to support our 18 (and growing!) state-wide partnerships, and to track our marketing results.
Who are “we?” We’re super-nerds. We love to learn and believe in the transformative power of educators. We’re Britannica Digital Learning, Encyclopaedia Britannica’s educational product line for K-12 schools, public libraries, universities, and institutions. We bring the best educational tools to students and life-long learners of all ages, across the globe.
Tradeshow, Conference, and Event Coordination (50%)
• Manage Britannica Digital Learning’s participation at trade shows and conferences – work with internal stakeholders, multiple trade show producers, internal sales and marketing staff, and various trade show vendors
• Manage trade show logistics, exhibit display, order materials needed for show, pre and post-show shipping, event staffing and registrations
• Introduce new trade show marketing tactics/ideas and follow through to effectively promote the BDL brand at all trade shows and events
• Monitor and analyze trade show metrics, and review for continuous improvement
• Collaborate with the Associate Marketing Director, Marketing Coordinator, and Sales Directors to ensure all tradeshows and relevant digital marketing efforts are supported and promoted
State Partnerships and Customer Support (20%)
• Support our state-wide partnerships through usage-driving marketing campaigns, state-wide landing pages for products, and promotional materials
• Promote and track online training events (webinars/product demos)
Data Entry (30%)
• Track and measure all of the things! We’re data junkies and we hope you are too. Help us collect our data and share it with teams.
• Maintain and update marketing Google calendar
• When you bring your mail in, do you A) open it immediately and organize it into piles, B) throw it into a drawer, basket, or other receptacle and spend a week wondering if it will go away, or C) if you don’t open your mailbox, it didn’t happen. If you answered A, this might be for you.
• Are you a closeted (or not so closeted) lover of Excel? Google Spreadsheets? We need someone who can manage clear and clean spreadsheets so that non-lovers can read them.
• Bachelor’s Degree; preference given to marketing specialization or experience
• You are a super hero of organization and details. Not all heroes wear capes, but if you had one it would be freshly laundered and pressed.
• You can do lots of things without freaking out. (Can you multi-task and take initiative? We like you.)
• You’re curious about marketing in B2B environments.
• You’ve developed engaging email, social, and print marketing content before.
• You’ve dabbled in mass email platforms, or you are stoked about learning how to use one (of the best).
To apply, email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line Marketing Executive Assistant.