Roll Britannica School Insights out to your district!
September 21, 2018
Now administrators can seamlessly roll out Britannica School’s new Chrome extension to their Google and Microsoft districts.
Support literacy skill development and ensure your students can bring a trusted research companion along with them on their Web searches with the FREE Google Chrome extension for Britannica School users.
Britannica School Insights, the new extension for K-12 schools, enables students and teachers to cut through the noise on the Internet and get trusted and verified information at the top-right corner of their search results page.
A software enhancement to the Google Chrome browser experience, Britannica School Insights serves up relevant, verified content from Britannica School, the company’s classroom research and information solution, on the right-hand side of the page with searches on a vast range of topics.
Immediately available to 32 million students and six in ten educators in the United States, in schools, districts and states that subscribe to Britannica School, the new product provides trustworthy curriculum-aligned content to students using search engines.
Rolling the tool out to your district is easy.
Roll out to your Google district.
1. In your Google Admin console (at admin.google.com)…
2. Go to Device management > Chrome management.
3. Click User settings.
4. On the left, select the organization containing the users you want to apply the settings for. For all users, select the top-level organization. Otherwise, select a child organization.
5. In the Apps and Extensions section, find the Force-installed Apps and Extensions setting and click the Manage force-installed apps link.
6. In the Force-installed Apps and Extensions window, select Chrome Web Store.
7. In the search box, type Britannica School Insights and click Add. The app will now show in the right pane.
8. Click Save.
9. Click Save once more at the bottom of the page.
Roll out to your Microsoft District.
1. Download and unzip the ADMX Chrome administrative template from; http://dl.google.com/dl/edgedl/chrome/policy/policy_templates.zip
2. Copy the contents of the admx folder to;
Fill in DomainName with your own FDQN.
*Create the PolicyDefinitions folder if it doesn’t already exist*
3. Run the Group Policy Management tool (Start Rung type; gpmc.msc then hit enter.)
4. Create a new group policy or edit an existing one.
5. Right Click on the GPO and select Edit.
6. Open User Configuration-> Policies-> Administrative Templates-> Google Chrome-> Extensions.
7. Enable Configure the list of force-installed apps and extensions. Click Enabled then select show and paste the following line;
8. Then click Apply then Ok
To download on an individual device, go to the Google Chrome store. For additional support from a Britannica representative regarding your district-wide implementation, email firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re eager to help you get searching with Britannica School Insights!