Start the Year off Strong: Classroom Rules and Procedures for the Blended Learning Environment
August 27, 2020
We are here to help you transition to virtual learning with routines and procedures to ensure success in the virtual classroom.
Many schools have started the 2020-2021 school year in uncharted territory. CNBC reported on August 11, 2020 that only 25% of students would be returning to school full time, and the rest would be implementing virtual learning or a hybrid learning plan for the start of the school year.
As classrooms move into virtual or blended environments, procedures and routines may look a little bit different. Britannica Digital Learning’s Education Consultant and former classroom teacher, Courtney France, has designed google slides to support the implementation of classroom expectations.
The slides are completely editable and can be customized
to meet the needs of your learners and classroom environment.
Here is how to use these slides:
STEP 1: Make a copy of the slide deck
STEP 2: Once you have made a copy, you can customize each page.
You can also:
- Add your own personal images and ImageQuest images to make your slides visually appealing.
- Create extra slides. Blank copies of each slide format is listed at the end of the slide deck.
These slides were created with teachers in mind, to:
- Help make the transition back to school easier while also ensuring that rigorous expectations and procedures are in place.
- Establish classroom routines and procedures for daily tasks during virtual learning, students will find consistency during these uncharted times.
- Encourage students to internalize these classroom procedures at the beginning of the year to ensure productivity and student engagement during e-learning days and a smooth transition when schools return to traditional educational environments.